Week of the Young Child 2017
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Parks and Recreation
WEEK OF THE YOUNG CHILD 2017
(Kirksville, MO) — Kirksville Parks and Recreation invites you to sing, play, and learn with them during the Week of the Young Child, April 24 through the 29, 2017! Hosted in partnership with the Kirksville Child Development Center and Truman State University, the week will be packed with events and activities that celebrate young children and their families to promote early learning.
Schedule of Events:
• Music Monday: Let’s sing and dance at the kids concert at the Ray Klingingsmith Amphitheatre in Rotary Park at 9:30 am. In the event of inclement weather the concert will be held at Faith Lutheran School.
• Trails Tuesday: Take a hike or ride a bike on the trails! Be sure to print off your own nature scavenger hunt to complete along the way! Maps and scavenger hunts can be found at www.kirksvillecity.com
• Water Wednesday: The Aquatic Center will host a special playtime for young children and their parents from 9:00 am - 12:00 pm. Come and enjoy free swimming and activities!
• Throwback Thursday: Kids, check out some of the games your parents played, the songs they sang, and even the TV shows they watched. Visit the Kirksville Parks and Recreation Facebook page for suggested activities to celebrate Throwback Thursday!
• Family Friday: Family Friday will be held at the Ray Klingingsmith Amphitheatre in Rotary Park at 6:00 pm. Bring a picnic supper, check out all of the City’s heavy equipment! New for this year, Gerry Tritz and his Mid Mo Magic Show will perform at 6:30 pm! In the event of inclement weather the magic show will be held at Faith Lutheran School.
• Spur Pond Saturday: Free fishing from 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm at Spur Pond. Poles and bait will be provided while supplies last!
For more details on each day’s activities, as well as tips for at-home alternatives, visit the Kirksville Parks and Recreation Facebook Page. For additional questions, please contact Robin Harden at 660.627.1485 or firstname.lastname@example.org
“Our children are our greatest treasure. They are our future.” – Nelson Mandela